Global SEO Glossary
Your Comprehensive Reference to all things Global SEO
Ready to up your international SEO game? Check out our comprehensive glossary! From basic terms to more advanced techniques, we’ve got you covered!
- 404 page404 is a status code that tells a web user that a requested page is not available.
- Baidu Webmaster ToolsBaidu webmaster tools is a powerful platform provides lots of metrics that can help webmasters and SEOs improve their site's ranking in China's most popular search engine's organic search results.
- Bing Webmaster ToolsBing Webmaster Tools is a free service as part of Microsoft's Bing search engine which allows webmasters to add their websites to the Bing index crawler, see how their website is performing and it offers tools for troubleshooting.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)A content delivery network (CDN) is a group of geographically distributed servers that speed up the delivery of web content.
- Country Code Top Level Domains (CCTLDs)Country Code Top Level Domains or CCTLDs are domain names that are assigned to countries and territories based on the ISO 3166 standard.
- Crawl budgetThe crawl budget concepts takes into consideration that search engines have limited crawling resources and cannot crawl every page on the www instantaneously.
- hreflang tagsHreflang tags send signals to Google and other search engines about the language you are using on a specific page and optionally which geo-location it is targeting.
- ICP RegistrationAll websites that are hosted in Mainland China must obtain ICP registration before going live.
- International link building strategyA good international link building strategy is to create relevant links from websites in all your targeting countries.
- Local ranking signalsA well-thought-out global SEO strategy encompasses strong local ranking signals.
- Naver Webmaster ToolsThe popular Korean search engine Naver also has its own Webmaster Tools, which offer similar features to those of Google Webmaster Tools.
- Search Console International TargetingSearch Console International Targeting used to give webmasters the options to specify which country a website is targeting.
- Yandex WebmasterYandex is a popular search engine in Russia and its Webmaster Tools is a free site where you can see how your content is listed in their search results.